Sunday, August 29, 2010

Change in Plans!

Run, trip, crunch!  Wow, that's about how fast everything in my life changed.  One moment I'm running the agility course with Henry, the next we somehow get tripped up together and down I go.  Instantly I knew, not to mention the sound of crunching bone that accompanied it, that it was broken but good.  S#@!

We spent the rest of Thursday evening in the ER and now will move on to phase two...surgery sometime within the week. UGH!!!  The xrays showed both big and little bones were broken and displaced.  OUCH! STUPID! Now, my days consist of popping my pain meds, elevating my foot and sleeping A LOT!  The narcotics knock me out big time!  Everyone else is on dog duty...lol...that's a huge change.  But so far so good. Plus Bill is currently mopping the hardwood floors.  SWEET!

My left foot swollen shortly after the fall.


And, today with my temporary cast/splint.

4 comments:

  1. Ouch! What a bummer this had to happen! Lots of AireZen is coming your way!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thank goodness your pedicure still looks nice!! :0) So sorry babe!! What a way to end the summer! :0(

    Please let us know if we can help with anything!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, Otis and StellaAugust 30, 2010 at 3:49 PM

    Oh Mary what a bummer! At least you waited until the end of summer. Good luck with your surgery. Take care - Kim, Otis and Stella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh NO! Do you have to have surgery or just casted? You poor thing! Did Henry come over to check on you after you fell at least? I think Brutus might have just kept running...

    If it makes you feel any better, I managed to fall in the rally ring recently! No injury, other than my pride. And in my defense, the grass WAS wet!

    Hope you are on the mend soon!
    Michelle
    Brutus & Carmen

    ReplyDelete