Tuesday, November 24, 2009

One Broken Lamp Later

Well they finally did it. In the dogs' MAD rush to the window to harass the mailman, down went the floor lamp. Crash! I guess I'll be out shopping soon. Dogs and the mail....I don't get it. This is when I wish we had the mailbox at the end of the driveway. Instead the mail is delivered right into a slot by the living room window. Drives the dogs crazy!! Wonder what the mailman thinks when he comes to our house...poor guy. Although my sympathy only goes so far as I've seen him wave his arms in an effort to rile them up. Maybe he enjoys initiating chaos.

And its not just the mailman. Those darn commercials with the ringing doorbell. I think its all a conspiracy to annoy dog owners. It's definitely working.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the lamp...but fun excuse to go shopping right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gus and Gracie broke a large glass vase that had a candle in it and was sitting on the floor by the fire place. They were wrestling. Should have seen that one coming... It shattered, but luckily no one was hurt and the matching glass vase on the other side was immediately banished from the room.

    ditto that comment about the doorbells. arrrg.

    ReplyDelete