Friday, January 15, 2010

Life in a Virtual World

I'm amazed by the portals of life the internet has opened up to me.  What was life like without it...I can hardly remember.  I enjoy reading the many posts from acquaintances, friends and family on Facebook.  (Thanks kids for getting me started on this social network...ugh.  Another fine way to avoid the chores of everyday life!)  And then there are emails, shutteryfly sites, the blog-osphere, the websites galore, wikipedia, and on and on. 

While it all provides a most wonderful distraction from life, it is a reminder to me of how fortunate I am to have such great friends and families.  It reminds how blessed I am for health and a comfortable life.  It reminds me that there are many others out their that are struggling with some very BIG time stuff.  It reminds me to be grateful for each day.  And most of all while many may think the computer has impersonalized our lives, it has connected me again with many wonderful people.  This connection may just be tiny snapshots of life, but those snapshots can be meaningful and powerful. 

So to all my PC friends, thank you for being in my life.  And please continue to share the joys, sorrows and challenges that face every one of us.

Blessings to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment